Monday
Computer: Sports sites, games, news sites, 3 hours
TV: Sports, House, News, 3 hours
Phone: texting, 15 minutes
Tuesday
Computer: Sports sites, games, 2 hours
TV: Sports, Futurama, Family Guy, 4 hours
Wednesday
Computer: games, sports sites, 2 hours
TV: Sports, Outsourced, Futurama, News, 4 hours
Thursday
Computer: games, 1 hour
TV: Sports, Futurama, George Lopez, News, 3 hours
Phone: texting, 10 minutes
Friday
Computer: games, sports sites, 3 hours
TV: Futurama, George Lopez, Camelot, Simpsons 5 hours
My media diet is mostly filled with the computer and television. I do not use my phone much, but I use the computer and television almost ritually for numerous hours. A very good amount of the information I read about comes from media on the internet. This shows me that these kinds of media are a huge part of my life. I think that other people my age have very similar routines with their computers and televisions. While there might be some differences with some people in the type of media they use, I think our media consumption is very similar. Some people would rather play on a Xbox instead of their computer. Some may watch television shows on their computer instead of their actual television. Other people may be on their phone for a good majority of the day. However, I think a good majority of people my age consume a very great deal of similar media.
American society has become a lot more centralized on technology for their media consumption. Everyone has a cell phone, and most people have a computer and television. People are continuously using these things throughout their day to find information or just relax. Technology has become a very necessary part of the American livelihood. We communicate with each other through these things, and we learn about what is going on in the world through these types of media.
My media consumption probably could be changed a lot to benefit my life. However, it is hard to do so because everything a person might need can be found on the internet. I do not think my surroundings influence my media intake very much. I mostly use what I use because it is what I have found interest in.
It seems like you want to decrease the amount of hours you spend tuning into social media, but what are your thoughts about increasing hours after watching the TED clip in class? Do you think that the speaker's idea was innovative? Was she just being optimistic about how people can apply their world saving abilities in games to real life?
ReplyDelete